Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

A couple of things I want(but can't have)

I thought I would write a post listing a couple of things(baking equipment etc.)that I would like,but sadly due to a limited income(i.e none)can't have.Maybe once you have read the post you might leave a comment listing a couple of the things you would like but can't have.I think it would be interesting to see some of the things that people come out with!

1.A red Kitchenaid Artisan food mixer:I've wanted one of these for ageess now!I especially love the kitchenaid in the colour.It would make bread making and many other recipes seem much less daunting to attempt.It also wouldn't look too bad sitting on my counter ;)

2.An ice cream maker(preferably a Cuisinart ice cream maker):Lately I have grown a strong liking for ice cream,I particularly love ice cream that has something mixed into it such as chunks of cookies,nuts,marshmallows etc.I have seen some lovely recipes on many food blogs for ice cream and would love to make some of them,yet I feel to achieve best results an ice cream maker would be necessary.

3.A Waffle Iron:I was in a restaurant recently and it came to my favourite part of the meal,ordering dessert.There were many yummy sounding options on the menu such as chocolate fudge brownies,sticky toffee pudding,cheesecake etc.I chose banoffe pie in the end while my mum chose belgian waffles.When reading the dessert menu I never even gave the belgian waffles a second thought as I didn't really think they sounded all that amazing.The desserts came to the table and I immediately knew my mum had made the better choice.My dessert consisted of a slice of very average banoffe pie.In fact it was exactly how I don't like my banoffe pie i.e far too much bland tasting cream and not nearly enough caramal/bananas/biscuit base.My mum's dessert on the otherhand was a whole other story:Two warm,plump fluffy waffles,piled one on top of the other on a plate smothered with just the right amount of warm maple syrup,dusted with icing sugar and served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.I tasted the waffles and could hardly stop myself taking bite after bite.Ever since that,I have wanted a waffle maker in the hope that I might be able to recreate waffles like the ones in the restaurant.


4.Baking From My Home To Yours by Dorie Greenspan:I spend a large portion of my time on the laptop looking at the website Tuesdays With Dorie.It's a baking group consisting of a large number of food bloggers.Each week one of the food bloggers chooses a recipe from the book and everyone in the group makes it and documents how they got on making the recipe.I think that this was a brilliant idea and I am dissapointed that the group is now closed.However,from what I have seen this book has some very delicious recipes and I will definitely be buying this one soon.

Well that's my wish list for the moment,feel free to leave a comment with your wishes! :)

8 comments:

  1. I don't have a kitchen aid stand mixer either. I just have one on loan from my mother in law. You'll get all these things eventually....at least that's what I keep telling myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so pretty aren't they! I can only hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a new pressure cooker. Not pretty, but necessary. Of all the things listed, Dorie's book would be the easiest to obtain even on limited (ie. No) income. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know,think il order it off amazon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my kitchen aid mixer..it is definitely worth it hope you get one soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im jealous of anyone who has one! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely feel this post. i would love a kitchenaid too (in purple!) and a much better ice cream maker. ahh, to dream, to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  8. alanabread..I feel your pain! haha

    ReplyDelete